Scholarships will be awarded to fund to required books and tuition at Stark State College for Pell eligible students. Funds will be applied to any remaining tuition not covered by other scholarships or grants.
Students must meet the following eligibility criteria
- Kenmore-Garfield High School graduating senior
- City of Akron Resident
- Apply for admission to Stark State College
- Complete a FAFSA and be eligible for a Pell Grant in any amount
- Enroll at Stark State by the fall term following graduation
- There is no deadline. To be considered for the first round of scholarships, applications must be received by March 1. Scholarships will be awarded as long as funds are available.
- All applicants must complete the simple Stark State Scholarship Application (even if it is after the official deadline).
- Once awarded, all students are expected to participate in a financial literacy seminar concerning managing finances while in school.
There are up to ten scholarships available. Scholarships selection uses this preference criteria:
- Number of years attending Kenmore, Garfield, or Kenmore-Garfield High School
- Number of years attending Akron Public Schools
- Number of years as resident of Akron
- Likelihood of success in certification or degree program (GPA, ACT, attendance, prior coursework)
- College Credit Plus success at Stark State College
- College Credit Plus success at any college
- CTE Course attempted or completed which would indicate likelihood of success in chosen program
Once all eligibility requirements have been met, fill out the application.
Ensure that Stark State College is assigned to receive your FAFSA information.
Continued Eligibility / Renewal
Students must maintain full time status at Stark State (12 hours / semester) and maintain a 2.5 GPA.
Students are encouraged to return to Kenmore-Garfield High School to mentor other students or relate their experience at Stark State College and beyond.
Students are expected to participate in a community mentoring program as a mentee while enrolled receiving the scholarship.