WE ARE HIRING!
Akron Promise works with Kenmore-Garfield High School students and graduates to help the students achieve academic and employment success. We are actively in search of enthusiastic talent to manage our growing capacity. We are now serving fifty students and in school year 2020-2021 that will rise to at least eighty. The desired candidate will manage the programming and schedule for Akron Promise. We run three programs and are looking for a capable self-starter to help run and administer them. The programs to be supported and role to be performed by this position include the following: (presence at the events is not usually required):
- Kenmore-Garfield Student Success Team – Assisting Students in navigating toward education, employment, and enlistment opportunities following high school. The coordinator will help prepare for weekly meetings with high school students that assist them with academic, social, and career success.
- Kenmore-Garfield ACT Program Support – A four week ‘bootcamp’ to help students improve their score. The candidate will communicate with students, instructors, and facilities to support the classes and document the outcomes of the program.
- Stark State College Student Support – Organize monthly meetings with scholarship students and arrange monthly mentoring meetings between students and their mentor.
Tasks required for the candidate would include
- Communicate with students, volunteers, and affiliated organizations.
- Write articles and news releases for publication in local media and in blog posts.
- Work closely with the college interns and volunteers that run the actual student meetings.
- Work closely with the staff of Kenmore-Garfield High School as required.
- Work closely with the Founder of Akron Promise on tasks as jointly determined.
- Maintain Documentation about Students in the program .
- Organize and plan events for each of the above programs.
- Assist with planning and support for Fundraising Events.
- Assist with scheduling Speaking Engagements.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Akron Promise Website.
Hours and Compensation – 10-15 hours per week. Ideal candidate would be available to meet with students and partners during the normal school day. Hours will vary based on requirements. Work can be scheduled around other obligations. Compensation based on experience. Akron Promise is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners..
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Tom Ghinder at email@example.com