All community businesses have the potential to contribute resources to our students. Summa Health recently donated old lab coats to the students at Akron’s National Inventors Hall of Fame STEM Middle School. You can read more in this article at Ohio.com.
What can YOUR business do? Various opportunities are available for all kinds of businesses for all sizes.
- Invite one or more students to visit your place of employment or work site.
- Speak at a career day or in a classroom about your business or your role in the business.
- Volunteer to provide assistance or sponsor a community event.
- Give employees time off or other incentives to provide mentoring or to be a classroom volunteer.
- Provide financial support for a classroom, school, academic event, sports team, or arts organization.
- Inquire whether items no longer needed in your business would be useful for the students and, if so, donate them to the appropriate organization
More information about current needs and opportunities can be found on the APS Website.
There is a role for everyone in educating our next generation. What can YOU do?